Into the Maw
Population Growth Rate: 0.0055
Adulthood: 16 years
Old Age: 60 years
Gnolls are a race of hulking, hyena-like humanoids. They were created by Karaso and remain almost exclusively on the continent of The Maw where they first began. Gnolls are incredible hunters do to their strength and ability to stalk and ambush prey; however, they can and do eat carrion. Gnolls descended from Garx, the avatar of Karaso, have inborn magical powers and are treated with respect by all of the tribes, although the are often the first to be sent to solve problems. Gnolls embody the principles of Karaso and live for the struggle to experience more and live more fully.
- The Ice Fangs: The hardiest of the Gnoll tribes living farthest to the south.
- The Forest shades: Gnolls living in the heart of the forest, known for their ability to sneak and set ambushes.
- The Swift Hunters: The fastest of the Gnoll tribes and living farthest to the north.
- The Grey Howlers: The most widespread tribe, they are often messengers between tribes.
- The Blood Wardens: Gnolls who almost all can trace their lineage to Garx.
- The Divine Speakers: The tribe of priests who are the most devoted to Karaso.
- The Ardent Seekers: A tribe of sharpshooters and scouts.
- The Whispering Warriors: The smallest tribe, but also the wisest and diverse.
- -The Beast Heralds: Gnolls who have tamed many of the beasts of the Maw.-
Stats plus -
Hardy (3 RP)
Benefit: Members of this race gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
Ferocity (4 RP)
Benefit: Members of this race gain the following extraordinary ability: If the hit points of a member of this race fall below 0 but it is not yet dead, it can continue to fight. If it does, it is staggered, and loses 1 hit point each round. It still dies when its hit points reach a negative amount equal to its Constitution score.
Carrion Sense (1 RP)
Benefit: Members of this race have a natural ability to sniff out carrion. This functions like the scent ability, but only for corpses and badly wounded creatures (creatures with 25% or fewer hit points).